- understand what auxiliary verbs are
- use comprehension strategies such as making connections, visualizing, and Self-questions to construct meaning from the story during our first read
- use comprehension skill cause and effect as we read the story the second time
This week we finished our second chapter and started chapter 3 Addition up to 10,000. Our objectives:
- Add greater numbers without regrouping
- Add greater numbers with regrouping hundreds
Social studies with Ms. Marci.
This week we in our World Rivers unit we talked about how wildlife is supported on rivers and how rapids and waterfalls affect river travel. We also began a gathering information on all the rivers that we have learned about in this unit in preparation for our unit test next week.
Our objectives were to:
• explain how rivers provide good habitats for wildlife
• refer to a map and describe locations and major features of the Amazon, Orinoco, Mackenzie Rivers, Iguaçu, Paraná, Congo, and Yukon Rivers.
• explain how waterfalls make River navigation difficult
• describe ways that boats can travel on rivers with waterfalls
• understand the meaning of the following domain-specific vocabulary: piranha, humid, waterfall, Arctic Ocean, Northern Hemisphere, migrate, landlocked and rapids
We began our study of Ancient India by learning about the Indus River valley and the people who lived there. We made jewelry and dressed up! We were introduced to Hinduism, learning about its origins and some of its gods. We even practiced some yoga.
This week in our Animal Classification domain we learned more about the group of amphibians and read up on reptiles, on Friday we began an interesting experiment comparing the skin of amphibians to that of reptiles.
Our objectives this week were to:
• identify characteristics of amphibians
• compare and contrast fish and amphibians
• identify basic characteristics of reptiles
• classify particular animals as reptiles
• compare and contrast two groups of vertebrates
English Word Work
We took our spelling test on Friday. Everyone is working hard and the test reflect this! In grammar this week we worked on auxiliary verbs/ helping verbs.